I’m setting up a blog for my client and overseeing 6 or 7 people who for the most part, haven’t blogged before.
In addition to setting up an editorial calendar, I’m also creating a Blogging Cheat Sheet, which I wanted to share.
Blogging Cheat Sheet
- Posts should be around 350 to 500 words.
- Stick to one topic/idea.
- Try to think about what your clients might be interested in knowing.
- Try to create a catchy headline.
- Graphics, pictures, charts and links are encouraged.
- Subheads help the reader along.
- End with a call to action that invites comments.
- Remember to respond to each comment.
- Promote via social media in a way that’s engaging.
What other handy tips and ideas do you keep top of mind when you are writing blog posts? I’d love to add your thoughts to my cheat sheet.